Friday, April 23, 2010

Hebrew Name Tattoo?

I've been wanting a tattoo of my name in hebrew. i have a really good friend thats jewish, but she doesn't practice. so, she hasn't really been able to help me out.


i could only find one website to translate my name, Megan. if anyone out there that knows Hebrew %26amp; knows the proper spelling %26amp; everything... i'd really love it if you could help me out.





%26amp; again my name is Megan.


here's the website:


http://www.my-hebrew-name.com/names.cgi?...

Hebrew Name Tattoo?
Megan doesn't translate into Hebrew, and I wouldn't do it - I think it's much nicer in English than the Hebrew alternatives offered here (though they are good ones).





Megan in Hebrew is spelled (right to left):





Mem


Yod


Yod


Gimmel


Nun





or written out (if it will let me)





诪讬讬讙谉
Reply:Do you want to first translate the name to Hebrew, or just write MEGAN in Hebrew.





If you want to translate, both margalit and p'nina are good - they both basically mean pearl, which apparently is what megan means. (Who knew?) And they are both names in Hebrew.





If you just want to write MEGAN, this is tough. It is not a name that easily transliterates to Hebrew. Here are the options:





margalit: Mem-Resh-Gimmel-Lamed-Yud-Taf


p'nina: Peh-Nun-Yud-Nun-Yud


megan: Mem-Yud-Gimmel-Nun (that's a long Nun) or


Mem-Yud-Gimmel-Aleph-Nun (again, a long Nun)


No comments:

Post a Comment